Rose & Rue - Yoni steaming herbs
Vaginal/Yoni steaming is an age-old natural remedy said to cleanse the vagina and uterus, regulate menstruation, and ease period cramps and bloating. After receiving high praise on Gyweneth paltrow's show GOOP, the practice has surged in popularity.
Simply put, a Yoni Steam is like a facial steam but for your lady parts.
This ancient practice involves sitting over a pot of herb infused warm water and allowing the steam to tone, soften and rejuvenate both the interior and exterior realms. Yoni steaming is a simple traditional remedy that we, modern day women, can call upon to naturally treat some of the challenges associated with the menstrual cycle.
It’s not …
A yoni steam is NOT the same as douching. The purpose of a Yoni steam is NOT to clean your vagina. Your vagina by design isn’t dirty.
Goes by many names…
- In Western cultures it is known as Vaginal Steam , V-Steam
- The Mayans call it Bajo which means low in Spanish
- The Koreans call it Chai-Yok
- Yoni (योनि) is Sanskrit for vagina and womb, it can be translated as the origin of life and is the symbol of the Hindu Goddess Devi.
In many cultures, yoni steaming has remained a well-respected ritual for supporting all aspects of women’s wellness – from the physical, to the emotional and spiritual. Yoni steaming is truly an ancient remedy that has stood the test of time.
Following is a suggested method of doing a vaginal steam at home. However, before you try it yourself, you’ll want to consider its supposed benefits and possible safety issues, as discussed below.
- Add about a cup of your chosen herbs to a basin of hot water.
- Let the herbs steep for at least a minute.
- Remove your clothes from the waist down.
- Stand or squat directly over the basin. Some people prefer to place the basin in the toilet and then sit on the toilet.
Wrap a towel around your waist and legs to prevent the steam from escaping.
The average steam session lasts between 20 and 60 minutes. Depending on how hot the water is, the steam may cool sooner.